Spokane Transit’s free Mobility Training program puts you in control of your schedule, your time and your life.
To view the Mobility Training video click here.
Mobility Training is a free Spokane Transit program that helps seniors and persons with disabilities gain more independence by assisting them in becoming fixed route bus riders. We familiarize you with how the system works, from bus routes to ticketing, and most importantly, how the system can work for your specific needs. If you’re hesitant to ride the bus, Mobility Training will give you the confidence you need to be comfortable and in control of your schedule and your life. Your mobility trainer has received specialized instruction on how to work with a variety of disabilities. The trainer will determine your needs and design an individualized training plan, including one on one instruction while actually riding the bus with you.
Learn everything you need to know to ride the bus.
- Plan your trip using the easiest and fastest route
- Read and understand route maps, schedules and readerboards
- Reach your specific destinations
- Openly communicate with drivers
- Transfer to other buses
- Get on and off the bus safely
- Use the lift to board with a mobility device
- Learn to maneuver your wheelchair or scooter into the bus securement locations
- Identify landmarks and bus stops
- Get to and from bus stops
- Pay fares and purchase passes
Wherever you need to go, we can help you get there.
- Work or school
- Medical appointments
- Recreational programs
- Senior centers
- Grocery stores or the mall
- Visit friends and relatives
We're ready for you to ride.
STA buses are equipped with lifts or ramps for those who cannot go up or down stairs. All of our drivers are trained to help seniors and persons with disabilities.
Spokane Transit’s Mobility Training program is designed to eliminate your concerns so you can enjoy the convenience and independence of reliable, safe and affordable public transportation. You’ll never have to rely on friends or family to transport you again.
Contact Us Today
For more information about Mobility Training, or to sign up for this free service call (509)232-6303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or download and complete the referral form and fax to (509)232-6786 or mail to:
Mobility Training - Spokane Transit
701 West Riverside Ave
Spokane, WA 99201