Performance Monitoring & External Relations Committee: Members & Responsibilities
The Performance Monitoring & External Relations Committee is accountable for overseeing STA operational and financial performance, for updating of STA (non-governing) policies meriting Board attention, and for building a positive STA public image and maintaining relationships with the community at large and key stakeholders, in this capacity:
- Reaching agreement with the Chief Executive Officer on the key elements of an operational and financial reporting process, including the content, format, and frequency of performance reports to Board, and overseeing implementation of the process.
- Designing processes for gathering performance information other than formal reports, such as Board member facility visits.
- Reviewing performance reports in Committee meetings and reporting operational and financial performance to the Board at its regular business meetings.
- Reviewing operational policies meriting the Board’s attention (such as policies to govern STA financial management, contracting, and the like), identifying the need for revision, and recommending policy revisions to the full Board.
- Presenting an overall assessment of the past year's operational and financial performance at annual strategic planning work sessions involving the full Board of Directors.
- Providing counsel to the Chief Executive Officer on major internal administrative system upgrades (e.g., a major MIS upgrade) involving significant costs.
- Ensuring that STA’s desired image is regularly updated.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of strategies for STA image building, marketing and public relations and for maintaining close, positive relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of legislative/governmental relations policies and strategies.
- Recommending to the Board positions on legislative issues.
- Coordinating Board member speaking in appropriate forums on behalf of STA.
- Fashioning strategies and plans intended to enhance external communication.
- Approving Scopes of Work for Contracts in excess of the Chief Executive Officer’s authority.
- Recommending to the Board of Directors award of contracts in excess of the Chief Executive Officer’s authority.
Pamela Haley, City of Spokane Valley, CHAIR
Josh Kerns, Spokane County
Lori Kinnear, City of Spokane
Shirley Maike, Small Cities (Medical Lake)
Rhonda Bowers (non-voting labor representative)
Mike Kennedy, Small Cities (Liberty Lake)
E. Susan Meyer (Ex-Officio)