STA Board Approves Flat Fare For Vanpool
Spokane Transit is improving Vanpool!
Starting August 1, all Vanpool riders will pay a flat monthly rate regardless of the number of riders on the van!
The new, simplified fare structure is based on where your Vanpool starts and ends:
- $60 a month if your commute is within Spokane County
- $80 a month if your commute includes Kootenai or Stevens County
- $100 a month if your commute is in any other county
Was your previous fare lower? No worries! Existing customers whose monthly payments are less than the new rates will have their current payment frozen. Any future changes will be a part of an agency-wide, comprehensive fare assessment.
Typically, a Vanpool requires at least five people but, because of COVID-19, this requirement is suspended for existing Vanpools until further notice. Plus, if someone needs to leave a Vanpool, the rest of the group's fares remain the same.
Nothing else changes – you still get all the great benefits of using Vanpool:
- Free access to the regular bus system
- Approved drivers enjoy incidental personal use of the van
- STA pays for fuel, maintenance, insurance and weatherization
- Free parking downtown at all-day meters (call us for details)
Click here to learn more!
Read the full press release here.