Building Maintenance Specialist - Journeyman Electrician
Spokane Transit is in the early stages of a dynamic 10-year plan called STA Moving Forward. The purpose of this plan is to maintain, improve, and expand transit services throughout Spokane County to meet the needs of our growing community. We are currently searching for a skilled Journeyman Electrician to join our facilities and grounds maintenance team.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A BUILDING MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST - JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN
As a Building Maintenance Specialist – Journeyman Electrician, you are responsible for performing journeyman level diagnosis, repair, and installation work on Spokane Transit's new and existing buildings, and equipment and grounds. You will repair and install new electrical conduit, wiring, lights, control circuits, circuit breakers, lighting and switches and controls. Your workweek might also include repairing heat pumps, air conditioners, natural gas furnaces, hoists, automated vehicle washers, and emergency generators. You will apply your electrical and mechanical knowledge to ensure proper function of overhead doors, money counting and sorting equipment, compressors, steam cleaners, environmental controls, small gasoline engines and plumbing fixtures. As you apply your knowledge and skills as a Journeyman Electrician, you will assure that the maintenance team is able to successfully carry out STA’s preventative maintenance program.
- A Washington State 01-Journeyman Electricians license
- Five years of experience repairing, maintaining and installing industrial heating, air conditioning, and natural gas equipment.
- Five years of experience with electrical equipment, data/telecommunications and cabling, electro-mechanical lock systems, compressors, pneumatics, control panels, small gasoline engines and plumbing fixtures.
- A valid driver's license from Washington or Idaho with a relatively clean record
- The ability to obtain a Commercial Driver's License (We do the training & testing!)
YOU MIGHT HAVE
- Heating Mechanic, Boiler/Pressure Vessel, electrical Specialty, Plumbing, Welding, HVAC, Pesticide/Herbicide, Elevator, Masonry, Contractor, Carpentry, Telecommunications, Locksmith, OR City of Spokane Heating Mechanic license.
- College level course work or training in related technical areas may be substituted for up to two years of the required work experience.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Diagnose, inspect, test, adjust, repair and replace complete or integral parts of mechanical equipment or systems.
- Inspect, test, clean and repair heat pumps, air conditioners, natural gas furnaces, small gas engines and plumbing fixtures.
- Repair/new install of electrical conduit, wiring, lights, control circuits, circuit breakers, lighting and switches and controls.
- Maintain ongoing preventative maintenance program for all equipment in operation.
- Perform diagnosis, repair and installation work on new and existing buildings, equipment and grounds.
WE HAVE GREAT BENEFITS!
In addition to the career opportunity, a competitive salary, and the areas’ recreational activities, we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Wage range of $21.55 - $29.76/hour
- Additional wage premium for specific certifications
- Annual pay step increases
- Tool, boot, and clothing allowance
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $25/month
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- 7 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume as an attachment to your online application. If you have questions regarding this position or need assistance, please contact Jeff Smith, HR Specialist, via email firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.