Chief Operations Officer
Spokane Transit is looking for an exceptionally talented Chief Operations Officer that has demonstrated the ability to lead and inspire the operation’s division towards successfully meeting and exceeding objectives.
As the Chief Operations Officer (COO) you are responsible for effectively and efficiently delivering Spokane Transit’s fixed route bus services, complementary paratransit services, and vanpool program. You will direct the development, presentation, and administration of a staffing and operational budget of approximately $58 million per year. You provide operational oversight and evaluation of transportation activities, vehicle maintenance, and facility maintenance support to all operations. As you strategically handle the day-to-day problem solving and issue resolution, the steps you takes will directly impact operational improvement within the organization.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- A motivated, exceptionally talented, and competent leader who will set and exceed the standard for collaborative excellence in all areas of operations.
- A strategic visionary who will develop and implement strategies that enhance the image, culture, and values of the organization.
- A leader who inspires a team to succeed by following your example.
- A mentor who actively participates and provides opportunities for staff to develop and grow.
- An exceptional leader who creates a success-oriented, customer-focused, accountable environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, operations management, or engineering (advanced degree highly preferred).
- 10 years of increasingly responsible experience managing operations with similarly sized vehicle fleets and employees preferred.
- Experience maintaining multiple operating and administrative facilities in a public transportation system or large city or county department preferred.
- Combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and integrated business systems.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Direct transportation and maintenance operations, facilities, and continuous improvement.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of division personnel.
- Develop meaningful tracking methods, and balance the indicators and measurements against the organization’s mission.
- Negotiate labor agreements for three unions within the Operations division.
- Develop and implement strategies that enhance the image, culture and values of the organization.
WE HAVE GREAT BENEFITS!
In addition to the career opportunity, a competitive salary, and the areas’ recreational activities, we offer an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Annual salary of $105,827 - $ 141,818 depending on qualifications
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $50/month
- Relocation expenses based on location negotiable
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- 7 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays per year
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in this position please contact Gregg Moser via phone (301)654-7533, or email email@example.com
This position is open until filled.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.