Do you have a strong desire to provide excellent customer service?
Spokane Transit is recruiting for Coach Operators to start our next available class. As a Coach Operator you will be responsible for providing excellent customer service while efficiently and safely transporting passengers to their proper destinations in a courteous, safe and timely manner. As you create, promote, and maintain relationships with passengers and fellow employees, you will promote a positive partnership through your service to Spokane and its surrounding communities.
- A team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- Valid driver's license for at least 5 years
- Strong work ethic and desire to serve others
- Ability to work split shifts, holidays, weekends, and evenings
- Ability to pass an FTA drug screen and a DOT physical
- Ability to safely operate a large vehicle under varying traffic conditions.
- COMPETITIVE SALARY AND GREAT BENEFITS!
- Paid training to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Training wage of $17.61/hour (for first 10 weeks)
- Wage range of $19.63/hour - $27.10/hour
- Annual pay step increases
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $25/month
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified individuals please submit a resume with your online application. A cover letter is highly preferred.
This position is open continuously.
STA's 2020 Coach Operator Training Class Schedule:
- March 9th
- May 8th
- July 10th
- November 4th
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.