Communications & Marketing Intern
Are you interested in an internship opportunity in the Communications or Marketing field?
Spokane Transit is looking for a motivated self-starter to work on social and digital media promotions -- including strategy, scheduling, analytics reporting, planned content development and emergent content.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking for practical experience with a hands-on and high-impact Communications team. The position is 10-20 hours per week. A flexible schedule with some evening and weekend work is required.
Your responsibilities will include maintaining content for social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). You will publish related content in Google Ads, Digital Monitors, and company newsletters. You will develop your skills by helping execute a monthly digital content plan that includes social and digital media platforms.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Social media & digital media support may include:
- Drafting a monthly content schedule for social, e-newsletter and digital monitors
- Writing and editing content for social posts
- Editing and repurposing graphics and video
- Recording and analyzing social post and page/profile analytics
- Preparing presentations
- Tracking public comments and mentions
- Identifying repost and response/comment opportunities
- Working on digital advertising media buys
General Communications Department work may include:
- Collaborating on messaging and strategy for integrated promotional campaigns
- Drafting responses to public comments/mentions on social
- Event planning and setup
- Attending meetings and taking notes
Training and Experience: 3rd or 4th year student or recent graduate in a Digital Communications, Marketing or related program with an accredited college or university.
Technical Experience: Proficient with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Basic understanding of social media post scheduling software. Proficient writing and editing skills. Proficient Microsoft products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. Proficient using macOS and iOS. Basic understanding of photo, video and graphic editing principles and software.
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration please email resume to email@example.com or apply at www.provisional.com
Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.