The STA is looking for a Network Administrator for our Information Services Department. The Network Administrator will provide technical support in conjunction with STA computer systems, networks and related hardware and software. Responsible for the design, analysis, development, implementation, modification, capacity planning, performance and ongoing support of agency-wide hardware, software and network systems such as network servers, routers, switches and printers. Work involves identifying and implementing software and hardware security measures as well as identifying, analyzing and directing the purchase of new and replacement electronic equipment and software. The position requires considerable independent judgment within the assigned work area and involves working closely with STA users at all levels of experience and with vendors, consultants and users outside of STA.
Come find out why we are Spokane’s best kept secret!
- A team player
Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or a closely related field
Three years experience with direct responsibility for computer and local area network support.
Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on year-for-year basis
YOU MIGHT HAVE
- Cisco CCNA
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Effective implementation of various Microsoft technologies such as MS Server, Exchange, SMS and SQL Server.
- Physical and logical network infrastructures.
- Network performance and capacity planning.
- Network wiring topology.
- Switching, routing and VoIP technologies.
- Transmission speeds.
- Type, number, and capacity of network servers and workstations.
- Type and version of network software.
- Failover architecture and redundancy.
- Virtual Machine (VMware) products and tools.
- Wide area or remote networking requirements.
- Monitoring and evaluation of network and system performance.
- Diagnosis of failures and malfunctions.
- Implementation of appropriate and timely problem resolutions
- Network monitoring & administration for reliable service
- E-mail administration
- VMware administration
- Line of business software applications (Trapeze, ERP and Fleet Management)
- Telephone and 800MHz voice radio systems
- Video surveillance systems (fixed and mobile)
- Top level team work skills
- COMPETITIVE SALARY AND GREAT BENEFITS!
- Starting salary of $61,721 (Salary range $61,721 - $82,713)
- Annual pay step increases
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $50/month
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified individuals please visit our website to download an application, and submit your cover letter, resume, and a completed STA Non-CDL Application to the HR Department; email with a subject of Network Administrator. You may also mail to Spokane Transit, 1230 W Boone Ave, Spokane, WA 99201; or fax to 509.343.1689. This position closes on Friday, June 29, 2018.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.