Facilities & Grounds Laborer
Are you looking for a career in Facilities & Grounds maintenance at a stable company with a great work environment? Then apply to join the maintenance team at Spokane Transit!
Your career with us will start out as a Facilities Laborer where you will perform building and grounds maintenance duties including the cleaning, upkeep and minor repair of all Spokane Transit buildings and grounds. As you assist facilities senior staff in repair and service of equipment and structures, you will prepare yourself to work your way up the ranks from being a Facilities Laborer, to an Associate Building Maintenance Specialist, Building Maintenance Specialist, Lead, or Foreperson.
Come find out why we are Spokane’s best kept secret!
- A Team player
- Service oriented
- Two years’ experience in janitorial/custodial, or groundskeeping related work
- Ability to maintain and safely operate a variety of equipment
- Experience driving vans, trucks, or snow plows safely
- A valid driver’s license with a relatively clean record
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Commercial Driver's License (We do the training & testing!)
- Some Knowledge about facility and grounds maintenance equipment
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Assist in repairing and servicing equipment
- Mow, edge, and fertilize lawns
- Set up meeting rooms for staff
- Clean carpets and upholstery
- Clean restrooms and offices
- Strip and wax floors
- Remove snow and deice walkways
- Operate forklifts and snow plows (We do the training!)
- COMPETITIVE SALARY AND GREAT BENEFITS!
- Starting wage of $12.11/hr (Wage range $12.72 - $17.59/hour)
- Annual pay step increases
- A secure union working environment
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- Washington State Public Employee's Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $25/month
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- Free bus passes for employees and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified individuals please submit a completed STA CDL Application to the HR Department, Spokane Transit, 1230 W Boone Ave, Spokane, WA 99201; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of Facilities Laborer; or fax to 509.343.1689. This position is open until filled.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.