Human Resources Specialist - Employment & General Duties
Are you a highly motivated HR professional looking for a challenging new opportunity with a great company? Spokane Transit is currently looking for a creative and flexible team member to join our HR department as a Human Resources Specialist.
You will be a key contributor to Spokane Transit’s continued success by overseeing recruitment and selection activities. You will collaboratively create recruiting strategies for sourcing active and passive candidates. As the point on recruitment activities, you will screen applications, lead interview teams, and conduct new hire orientations. Your knowledge and experience with employment law, affirmative action reporting, employee relations, administration of leaves, benefits, HR practices and procedures will be highly valued. As you fulfill responsibilities for a broad range of professional and technical human resource functions, you will directly impact Spokane Transit’s ability to keep business running smoothly, and provide the best customer service to your community.
Come find out why we are Spokane’s best kept secret!
- Skilled at presenting
- Emotionally intelligent
- Customer service oriented
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Five years’ recent professional experience in the HR field
- Recent successful recruiting experience
- Experience with affirmative action reporting and compliance
- Knowledge of employment laws, rules and regulations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
YOU MIGHT HAVE
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or PHR/SPHR certification (strongly preferred)
- Experience with leave administration
- Experience in a union environment
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Conduct new hire orientations
- Assure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Provide generalist knowledge in support of all HR functions
- Develop and conduct employee educational workshops as needed
- Providing information or HR related procedural/policy interpretation
- Coordinate with the Training department for pre-employment purposes
- COMPETITIVE SALARY AND GREAT BENEFITS!
- Starting salary of $51,472 (Salary range $51,472 - $68,978 annually)
- Annual pay step increases
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $50/month
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- Compressed work weeks with flex days off every other week option
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified individuals please submit a completed cover letter, resume, and STA Non-CDL Application to the Human Resources Department. You may submit your application by mail, Spokane Transit, 1230 W Boone Ave, Spokane, WA 99201; email to email@example.com with a subject of HR Specialist; or fax to 509.343.1689. This position is open until filled.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.