Senior Network Engineer
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
Spokane Transit is looking for a Senior Network Engineer for our Information Services Department. As the Senior Network Engineer you will work collaboratively with Information Services staff and vendors to deliver strategic solutions for maintaining infrastructure security. You will troubleshoot network issues related to equipment and software, handle multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment, and make good decisions based on company needs and industry standards. Your valued efforts will result in allowing Spokane Transit team to provide a reliable service to your community.
- A team player
- Four to six years’ progressive experience in Network management, supervision and administration.
- Professional experience related to the design, installation, and maintenance of local and wide area network.
- Six years of progressively responsible Network engineering experience.
- Supervisory experience in an Information Services organization.
- Experience with MS Office, Cisco IOS, VEEAM, PowerShell.
- A strong working knowledge of various Cisco routing, switching platforms, Wi-Fi appliances and their configuration.
- Experience with:VMWARE, ESXi hosts, EMC Network storage, backup/restore solutions for multiple domains, disaster Recovery planning & implementation, cloud technology-implementation/administration, O365 migration planning and implementation, Cisco AMP & OpenDns (Umbrella).
YOU MIGHT HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan implementation of hardware/software for an enterprise network.
- Design and implement complex network solutions in compliance with defined requirements.
- Perform installation, configuration, customization, maintenance and performance tuning of network hardware/software.
- Provide accurate and creative solutions for infrastructure problems.
- Provide enterprise-wide technical support for production systems.
- Identify, implement, and support network security procedures.
- Analyze complex hardware and software configurations.
- COMPETITIVE SALARY AND GREAT BENEFITS!
- Starting salary of $65,271 (salary range $65,271 - $87,469)
- Annual pay step increases
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $50/month
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- Compressed work weeks with flex days off every other week option
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
Come find out why we are Spokane’s best kept secret!
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified individuals please visit our website to download the STA Non-CDL Application and submit it to the HR Department one of the following ways: in person at Spokane Transit, 1230 W Boone Ave, Spokane, WA 99201; or email to email@example.com with a subject of Senior Network Engineer; or fax to 509.343.1689. This position is open until filled.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.