Are you looking for a career in automotive maintenance? Then come join the maintenance team at Spokane Transit!
Your career with us will start out as a Servicer Cleaner performing routine cleaning and servicing maintenance each day on our large fleet of buses, vans, and support vehicles. With growth stemming from our 10-year Moving Forward program you will have the opportunity to work your way up the ranks from being a Servicer Cleaner to a General Repair Technician, Journeyman Mechanic, Lead Mechanic, or Foreperson.
- A team player
- A valid driver's license from Washington or Idaho with a relatively clean record
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver's License (We do the training & testing!)
- Six months experience in a mechanical field, vehicle maintenance, or related field
- Basic computer and math skills to record and enter maintenance actions
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Availability to work day, swing, or grave shifts
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Inspect vehicles for serviceability, damage, and safety defects
- Monitor and maintain fluid and lubricant levels
- Check engine, transmission, and coolant systems for leaks
- Check tires excessive wear or damage and maintain proper air pressure
- Fuel vehicles, maintain records, and check defect cards
- Vacuum and clean interior of buses, vans, and support vehicles
- Drive vehicles through automatic washer or hand wash and park vehicle in storage
- COMPETITIVE SALARY AND GREAT BENEFITS!
- Starting wage of $14.38/hr (Wage range $14.38 - $19.87/hour)
- Annual pay step increases
- A secure union working environment
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- Washington State Public Employee's Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $25/month
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- Free bus passes for employees and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified individuals please submit a completed STA CDL Application to the HR Department one of the following ways: in person at Spokane Transit, 1230 W Boone Ave, Spokane, WA 99201; email to email@example.com with a subject of Servicer Cleaner; or fax to 509.343.1689. This position is open until filled.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.