Are you a highly motivated security or law enforcement professional looking for a challenging new opportunity with a great company? Join the Security team at Spokane Transit as a new Transit Officer and find out why we are Spokane's best kept secret!
As a Transit Officer you will provide security and safety for employees, customers, and property. You will assist in conducting investigations, responding to criminal acts, disputes or other matters involving the safety and security. As you demonstrate your ability to resolve problems, assess and successfully respond to a variety of situations, you will directly impact Spokane Transit’s ability to provide a safe and secure service to our community.
- A team player
- A valid driver’s license from the state of residence
- Knowledge of investigative methods and procedures
- Ability to obtain and maintain Status as a “Specially Commissioned Peace Officer”
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of compiling and presenting security information
- Knowledge of modern principles and practices of security and safety enforcement
YOU MIGHT HAVE
- An Associate’s degree in criminal justice, law enforcement, or safety
- Three years' private security work experience
- Three years' public law enforcement
- Three years in military police service
- Two years' related transit experience
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Conduct physical security assessments of transit facilities and properties
- Accurately complete daily reports
- Search transit facilities and vehicles for suspicious devices and/or people
- Answer customer requests for assistance.
- Conduct active surveillance using camera systems capturing video evidence
- Respond, investigate, and report suspicious activity
- Make arrests/detentions for applicable laws on transit properties and vehicles
- COMPETITIVE SALARY AND GREAT BENEFITS!
- Starting wage of $20.86/hr (Wage range $20.86 - $27.95/hour)
- Annual pay step increases
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- Washington State Public Employee's Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $50/month
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- Free bus passes for employees and dependents
- Free workout facility
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. Cover letter and resume are preferred to accompany your online application. If you have questions regarding this position or need assistance, please contact Jeff Smith, HR Specialist, via email email@example.com. This position is open until filled.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.