Community Access Program
As a vital component in the Spokane community’s social fabric, economic infrastructure, and quality of life, Spokane Transit Authority (STA) is proud to partner with nonprofit human services agencies (HSAs) to increase access to transit for vulnerable populations.
Beginning September 1, 2020, for a 12-month pilot period, approved nonprofit HSAs can purchase 2-hour passes, Day passes, and Paratransit 1-ride passes at 50% off the regular fare price.
Categories of intended customers:
- Patients in programs treating illness or substance abuse.
- Clients receiving children and family services, including children living in foster care.
- Clients of programs that provide food, shelter, or employment opportunities.
- Clients of programs serving victims of domestic violence.
- Clients of programs serving refugees and other populations with limited English proficiency.
- Individuals with disabilities.
- Individuals living at/below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
To qualify as a Certified HSA for this Program, an agency must be a 501(c)(3) entity and must complete and submit an Application for Certification form. Upon approval by STA, the Certified HSA may begin submitting Pass Purchase Requests through the Program.
To request the application, please contact STA Business Development Manager, Delana Combs at 509-343-1674 or email@example.com
Passes purchased through this Program may not be re-sold. They must be distributed to clients, patients, or customers of the Certified HSA free of charge. Further, Certified HSAs may not give or sell passes from this Program to their employees.
Read the full press release here.