Come join a fantastic Finance & Accounting department! The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for a variety of accounting work which includes assisting with the continuity of operations of the accounting and financial system functions. In this role, the incumbent is expected to exercise independent judgment within those functions. Decisions are made within the limits set by organization policy and may be made in the absence of specific policies or guidance from the Accounting Manager and in accordance with prescribed accounting regulations, pertinent laws, federal registers, circulars, and other requirements.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Knowledge or experience with accounting for a public entity
- Guru in Microsoft Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Degree in accounting
- Great communicator
- Able to work independently
- Experience with capital assets
- Annual salary of $68,018 – $91,151 depending on qualifications
- Up to $3,000 in sign-on bonuses available
- PPO Medical Plans (Vision coverage included)
- Premera Blue Cross – Your Choice 250 Heritage Plus Plan
- Kaiser Permanente CDHP PPO Plan
- HMO Medical Plans (Vision coverage included)
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Core Plan
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Core Buy-Up Plan
- Delta Dental PPO Plan
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS)
- PERS 2 or PERS 3
- Deferred Compensation/457 plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $50/month
- Employer Paid Basic life ($50,000), AD&D ($50,000) and long-term disability insurance
- Pet Insurance
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Vacation Accrual Schedule (paid)
- 0-4 years of continuous service – 2 weeks per year
- 5-9 years of continuous service – 3 weeks per year
- 10-14 years of continuous service – 4 weeks per year
- 15+ years of continuous service – 5 weeks per year
- Sick Leave Full-time employees – 96 hours per year maximum
- .0462 hours earned per hour in paid status 8 hours per month maximum
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 4 Floating Holidays
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- KEPRO Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible schedule (9/80) available after completion of probationary period
- For more detailed information on benefits click here
Examples of Duties
- Prepare, reconcile, and analyze various accounts, and resolve discrepancies.
- Enter monthly, quarterly and annual journal entries.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and adherence to STA policies and procedures.
- Provide direction to employees with matters pertaining to accounting including identifying, evaluating, and resolving problems occurring in the day-to-day operation of the accounting system.
- Assist in compiling financial and related statistical and grant data, prepare and submit reports required by STA officials, and federal and state agencies on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis as needed.
Education and Experience
At least three years of related work experience is required. A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or closely related field strongly desired.
Interested in Applying?
A cover letter and resume are required along with a completed online application. For more information regarding this position, please contact Andrew Tackett, HR Specialist, at [email protected] or (509) 325-6080. This position is open until filled.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.