Building Maintenance – Electrician
As a Building Maintenance – Journeyman Electrician, you are responsible for performing journeyman level diagnosis, repair, and installation work on Spokane Transit’s new and existing buildings, and equipment and grounds. You will repair and install new electrical conduit, wiring, lights, control circuits, circuit breakers, lighting and switches and controls. Your work week might also include repairing heat pumps, air conditioners, natural gas furnaces, hoists, automated vehicle washers, and emergency generators. You will apply your electrical and mechanical knowledge to ensure proper function of overhead doors, money counting and sorting equipment, compressors, steam cleaners, environmental controls, small gasoline engines and plumbing fixtures. As you apply your knowledge and skills as a Journeyman Electrician, you will assure that the maintenance team is able to successfully carry out STA’s preventative maintenance program.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- A Washington State 01-Journeyman Electricians license
- Five years of experience repairing, maintaining and installing industrial heating, air conditioning, and natural gas equipment.
- Five years of experience with electrical equipment, data/telecommunications and cabling, electro-mechanical lock systems, compressors, pneumatics, control panels, small gasoline engines and plumbing fixtures.
- A valid driver’s license from Washington or Idaho with a relatively clean record
- The ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (We do the training & testing!)
YOU MIGHT HAVE
- Heating Mechanic, Boiler/Pressure Vessel, electrical Specialty, Plumbing, Welding, HVAC, Pesticide/Herbicide, Elevator, Masonry, Contractor, Carpentry, Telecommunications, Locksmith, OR City of Spokane Heating Mechanic license.
- College level course work or training in related technical areas may be substituted for up to two years of the required work experience.
In addition to the career opportunity, we offer a competitive wage, and excellent benefits package that includes:
- Wage range of $24.49 – $33.81/hour
- Additional $2/hour for maintaining EL-01 certification
- Annual pay step increases
- Tool, boot, and clothing allowance
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $25/month
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- 7 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
Examples of Duties
- Perform journeyman level electrical & mechanical maintenance and repair on heat pumps, air conditioners, natural gas furnaces, hoists, automated vehicle washers, emergency generators, overhead doors, money counting and sorting equipment, compressors, steam cleaners, environmental controls, small gasoline engines and plumbing fixtures and be able to perform carpentry and masonry skills.
- Diagnose, inspect, test, adjust, repair and replace complete or integral parts of mechanical equipment or systems.
- Inspect, test, clean and repair heat pumps, air conditioners, natural gas furnaces, small gas engines and plumbing fixtures.
- Repair/new install of electrical conduit, wiring, lights, control circuits, circuit breakers, lighting and switches and controls.
- Maintain ongoing preventative maintenance program for all equipment in operation.
- Perform diagnosis, repair and installation work on new and existing buildings, equipment and grounds.
Interested in Applying?
Qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply using the link below. A cover letter and resume are preferred with your online application. If you have any questions please contact David Cooper, HR Specialist, at [email protected]. This position is open until filled.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.