Capital Projects Manager
Spokane Transit is currently in the midst of a 10-year expansion plan called Moving Forward. As a result, we are implementing new and exciting transit services and supporting infrastructure to deliver on our promises to the greater Spokane Community. The Capital Projects Manager will have the opportunity to manage public works projects from inception to completion on new construction and revisions of current facilities and infrastructure. We are fortunate to have the support of the local community as well as state and federal government which is providing the needed capital to make these projects come to fruition. Come help transform how a great city moves! STA is currently offering $3,000 sign on bonuses and up to $6,000 in retention bonuses.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- A communicator and leader who uses their skills to successfully complete projects while working with internal and external stakeholders.
- A team builder who resolves conflict and problems in a professional manner.
- Skilled in managing a number of projects or programs simultaneously.
- Great at planning, scheduling, and budgeting capital projects.
- Experienced in managing consultants
- Prior experience with publicly funded capital improvements and projects
- Accurate record keeping and organization skills
- Exposure to public works projects
- Technical writing skills
- Experience with a broad range of project management software/technology
- Knowledge or experience with Tyler Munis ERP system
- Civil or construction experience
- Salary range $76,706 – $102,793
- Annual pay step increases
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $50/month
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- Compressed work weeks with flex days off every other week option
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
Examples of Duties
- Coordinate with internal and external key stakeholders in developing the scope, schedule of projects, and execution of projects.
- Prepare schedules, estimates and budgets, for assigned capital projects.
- Support steering committees and special commissions and stakeholders in their oversight of projects design and project delivery.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of contract negotiations, changes orders, interpretation and compliance monitoring for contractors and design consultants for approval. Ensure strict adherence to Federal Transit Administration Third-Party Contracting regulations and guidance, state statutes and STA procurement policy.
- Lead and manage consultants’ activities on all aspects of assigned projects. Resolves issues associated with contract fulfillment. Manages the process of resolving issues that arise between STA and contractors. Ensure contractors’ deliverables meet contract specifications, timetables, and budget.
- Coordinate all major events on assigned capital projects by assisting various work groups and contractors to solve mutually dependent items, calling conferences when necessary and chairing meetings. Works closely with the Facilities and Grounds Department in coordinating project activities on or within STA facilities.
Education and Experience
- Three to five years progressively responsible experience as a project manager in a related construction field. Bachelor’s degree preferred; relevant graduate degree or project management certificate may substitute for experience.
- A history of successfully directing the development of design, engineering or construction projects of varying sizes from preliminary design through project completion on time and within budget.
- Knowledge of intergovernmental relations (e.g. FTA, and other federal or state agencies).
- Extensive Experience within the Microsoft Office environment, particularly Excel, Word, Teams, Outlook, and PowerPoint.. Experience with Project Management software, and exposure to financial software. Ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Working knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations related to construction.
Interested in Applying?
Qualified individuals please submit a cover letter, and resume with your online application. This position is open until filled. For questions about the position, please contact Andrew Tackett, Human Resources Specialist, at 509-325-6080 or [email protected]
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.