Chief Communications & Customer Service Officer
The Chief Communication and Customer Service Officer serves as STA’s change agent for improving the overall customer experience. To be successful, the CCCSO must be a democratic, collaborative, and charismatic leader while championing the implementation of innovative strategies within a public environment. Utilizing their experience of project and change management, they will successfully implement a uniformed communications and branding strategy across the organization for internal and external stakeholders and customers. The Chief Communication and Customer Service officer will need to be enthusiastic and visionary leader when engaging the public, government officials, and key stakeholders to generate excitement for new services and emerging transit technologies being implemented by Spokane Transit Authority to maximize ridership of our network.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Proven track record of implementing successful targeted marketing, branding and communications campaigns
- Driven administrator and project manager with the agility to push through organizational barriers and overcome challenges
- Charismatic, engaging, and extroverted transit enthusiast
- Versatile leader who drives the performance of a lean Communications department
- Experienced Public Information Officer
- Possesses knowledge and or experience with media production
- Knowledgeable on Public Sector processes
- Able to represent STA with tact and transparency
- Master’s degree in business, communications, marketing or related field
- Accreditation in Public relations by the PRSA or related certifications
- Salary range $100,847 – $135,142 annually
- Annual pay step increases
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $50/month
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
Examples of Duties
- Develop and implement innovative and effective public outreach strategies that generate robust public input from traditional and diverse groups and communities on Spokane Transit plans and initiatives.
- Ensure the organization’s voice and mission, vision and values are present in all communications efforts.
- Plan and execute market research, including rider and community surveys
- Support values-based decision-making informed with timely and targeted data
- Stay abreast of changes in the industry, regulations, and political landscape and how they may impact the environment, operations, and funding for STA
- Responsible for increasing ridership by maintaining and expanding participation in pass programs with employers, including ShuttlePark, the UTAP (universal transit access pass) program, the employer-sponsored pass program
- Develop crisis and emergency communications plans
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, advertising, marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or related field.
- Three-plus years as organization’s spokesperson.
- 10+ years’ experience in leadership roles with significant management, supervision, and budget authority.
- Demonstrated track record of building strong relationships with community leaders and influencers, and diverse constituencies,
- Experience working with the media.
- Ability to communicate complex issues and concepts.
- Demonstrated experience executing effective stakeholder outreach and proficiency with engagement tools and strategies.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, productive relationships internally and externally. Impeccable moral and ethical character.
Interested in Applying?
Qualified individuals please submit a cover letter and resume with your completed online application. For more information regarding this role, please contact Andrew Tackett, Human Resources Specialist at 509-325-6080 or email@example.com. This position is open until filled.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.