Spokane Transit is in the middle of a dynamic 10-year plan called STA Moving Forward. The purpose of this plan is to maintain, improve, and expand transit services throughout Spokane County to meet the needs of our growing community.
Are you looking for a career at a stable company with a great work environment!? Then apply to join the our Facilities & Grounds team at Spokane Transit!
Your career with us will start out as a Custodian where you will perform building and grounds maintenance duties including vacuuming, cleaning, garbage disposal, and sanitization of Spokane Transit buildings and grounds. As you learn facilities and grounds maintenance, you will prepare yourself to work your way up the ranks from being a Custodian, to a Facilities Laborer, Associate Building Maintenance Specialist, Building Maintenance Specialist, Lead, or Foreperson.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Team Player
- Availability to work swing/grave shift
- Wage Range $14.67 – 20.28
- Annual pay step increases up to the top step
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- Washington State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $25/month
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- Free bus passes for employees and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
Examples of Duties
- Vacuum and clean carpets, sweep and mop tile floors, strip and wax floors.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, wash basins, dispensers and chrome fittings, toilets, toilet seats, urinals and partitions.
- Refill dispensers towels, seat covers, tissue, hand soap from stock.
- Dust desks, chairs, and other office furniture.
- Clean interior and exterior windows and glass partition.
- Clean doors, door handles, door frames, thresholds kick plates.
- Clean walls and wall switches.
- Clean and sanitize telephones and sinks.
- Gather waste paper, empty recyclable bins and place for disposal.
- Reports any malfunctions to Facilities Forman, including but not limited to, electrical fixtures and/or power receptacles, leaky faucets and any other items that needs attention.
Education and Experience
Training and Experience
One Year of work experience in janitorial, or related custodial work; or experience which clearly demonstrates the applicant’s ability to assume the duties and responsibilities of the position.
The physical activity of the position requires the ability to climb, stoop kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp and talk. Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Visual acuity to determine depth and field of vision. Repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Interested in Applying?
Qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply using the link below. Please include a Resume as an attachment to your online application in order to receive consideration. If you have questions regarding this position or need assistance, please contact David, HR Specialist, via email [email protected] This position is open until 10/17/2022.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.