Customer Support & Outreach Coordinator
Spokane Transit is looking for a Dynamic individual to represent STA in a professional and positive light with the community. If you are a dedicated team player with a passion for marketing, public speaking, customer support, community outreach and organizing people to participate in new commuter groups then you might have what it takes to be our Customer Support & Outreach Coordinator.
As the Customer Support & Outreach Coordinator you will balance office time with extensive field work. You will play a key role in assisting large organizations and group sales clients through the fare payment transition. You’ll plan and maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities. Coordinate new customer contact, new rideshare group formation, customer database management, rideshare driver maintenance, fare collection and invoicing. Manage and track new customer inquiries for all services and new Rideshare group formations. The position will regularly review various data sets and develop reports for the Business Development Manager and Vanpool Manager.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Strong public speaking skills and experience.
- High regard for public sector employees and the value of public transit as an essential public service.
- Superior interpersonal relationship skills.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong understanding of quality assurance practices.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, riders, and other supporters.
- Ability to work independently and enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Knowledge of Spokane County and surrounding area, commuting routes, commute trip reduction, public transportation; skill in reading maps and understanding routing directions.
- Ability and willingness to make decisions, assume responsibilities, and analyze and think through problems.
- Ability to identify a process and performing tasks in a logical manner.
- Ability to attend scheduled evening and /or weekend meetings as required.
- Ability to handle stress and continue to perform all duties and provide service to the public and Spokane Transit’s employees in a courteous, responsible and timely manner.
- Must react accordingly to information received about vanpool driver performance from vanpool participants and the general public.
- Salary Range of $55,334 – $74,155
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $50/month
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- 7 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays per year
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
Examples of Duties
- Manages and tracks new customer inquiries for all services and new Rideshare group formations.
- Research current group routes for recommendations to customer requests.
- Revises Rideshare data in the regional web-based ride-matching and customer contact information.
- Tracks and assists in Rideshare fare collection and employer invoicing.
- Attends commute trip reduction events, transportation fairs and other venues as required, for the purpose of promoting all STA services.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal relationship skills, and experience with community outreach.
- Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners.
- Identifying and understanding shifts and trends in ridership, pass sales, billing and Customer Relationship Management activity is an essential function of this position.
- Position supports pass sales and ridership goals by understanding relevant data and reporting on pass sales and pass program performance.
Education and Experience
- A degree or certification in Business Administration, Communications, Public Relations, Transportation, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and two years of experience of general office and customer service experience.
- Must have an aptitude in public speaking and presenting.
- Skills in resolving group conflict; conducting group training, and reconciling accounts desired.
- Experience in sales, communications and data analysis is preferred.
- Strong experience within the Microsoft Office environment; strong proficiency with Excel spreadsheets and web-based applications.
- Ability to learn new software programs with minimal formal training.
Interested in Applying?
Qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply using the link below. Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume with your application to receive consideration. If you have questions please contact David Cooper, HR Specialist, at [email protected]. This position is open until 7/15/22.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.