Executive Assistant – Communications and Customer Service
Spokane Transit is looking for a full-time Executive Assistant for our Communications and Customer service division. If you are an experienced Executive Assistant with an enthusiastic attitude, integrity, able to anticipate department needs, and have a customer service heart with a commitment to providing support to this great team then please apply!
Ideal Candidate Profile
Examples of Duties
Act as the confidential assistant to the Director of Communications and Customer Service and Director of Human Resources; and perform secretarial and clerical duties for division staff.
• Support Chief Executive Officer when Clerk of the Board is unavailable.
• Compile and assist Director in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for the Communications and Customer Service Division.
• Independently meet the public; answer inquiries requiring knowledge of organization policies, procedures and activities, or direct them to proper offices. Make appointments and keep schedule for the Director of Communications and Customer Service and Director of Human Resources. Disseminate to department heads and other responsible staff division policies and procedures promulgated by the Director of Communications and Customer Service and Director of Human Resources.
• Type correspondence, reports, and other materials. Independently compose, sign and mail routine correspondence or other documents essential to ongoing daily operations.
• Maintain detailed spreadsheets and status reports for Communications and Customer Service department projects.
• Acts as liaison for the department with internal and external customers.
Education and Experience
- Five years of progressively more responsible clerical and secretarial work experience. Vocational or business education may be substituted on a year for year basis for up to two years of the required work experience.
- Proficient within the Microsoft environment utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Ability to keyboard proficiently while retaining accuracy with spelling, numbers, and grammar.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.