Fixed Route Transportation Supervisor
The Fixed Route Transportation Supervisor plays a critical role in the success of transit operations. From next day scheduling to fleet dispatching, the Fixed Route Transportation Supervisor ensures the deliver of our flawless transportation services throughout Spokane. Through the practice of STA’s core values, the Transportation Supervisor helps operators navigate service disruptions, responds to incidents occurring on route, completes investigations, assigns buses, and conducts ride checks to make sure STA delivers a safe efficient transportation service to the Spokane region.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Experience working in a customer oriented environment
- Knowledge or experience with dispatching and deploying a workforce
- Servant leader
- Ability to obtain a CDL Class B with passenger endorsement and air-brakes. (We train in house)
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and multitask within a high paced work environment
- Proficient with computers within a Microsoft software environment
- History of maintaining detailed documentation and evaluations
Starting salary of $63,989 – $83,975
• Opportunity for advancement
• Annual pay step increases up to the top step
• Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
• Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
• Washington State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
• Basic life and long-term disability insurance
• Competitive vacation & sick leave
• Free bus passes for employees and dependents
• Onsite workout facility
• Cell phone carrier discount
• Gym membership discount
Examples of Duties
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of Coach Operators assigned to incumbent’s unit and makes appropriate recommendations with respect to commendations, promotions, suspensions, discharges or other disciplinary actions.
- Receives and responds to inquiries from the general public, including complaints or compliments directed toward STA or its operations staff.
Maintains up-to-date information on matters relating to routes, fares, transfer privileges and other service issues.
- Cooperates with representatives of public safety and other municipal and county departments in handling traffic tie-ups, accidents, and special routings; cooperates with STA’s maintenance department in handling equipment failures and damaged equipment.
- Communicates unusual occurrences or circumstances, complaints, suggestions or other matters that may impact the Authority to appropriate staff; keeps members of assigned unit informed of all matters relating to their jobs and general interest to Spokane Transit.
- Maintains records of all assigned unit employees, including passenger reports, accidents, attendance and infractions of STA rules and regulations.
Education and Experience
Training and Experience: Minimum one year’s work experience in public transit operations or related function, during which the applicant has, by his/her performance, demonstrated relevant leadership and problem solving skills.
License: Must possess a valid driver’s license and either have or be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License, Class A or B with Passenger Endorsement from the state of residence within 90 days of appointment and maintain a good driving record.
Physical Capabilities: Physical activity of the position requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, squat, stoop, twist, balance, push, pull, grasp and finger.
The sensory requirements of the position include visual acuity to determine color, depth and field of vision; and the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound. The physical requirements of the position require the ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Incumbent is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in computer skills; experience in Microsoft environment preferred.
Communication: Able to communicate effectively both written and verbally. Proficient in tactfully providing constructive criticism and coaching.
Interested in Applying?
Qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover and resume as an attachment to your online application. If you have questions regarding this position or need assistance, please contact Andrew Tackett, HR Specialist, via email email@example.com. Candidate review will begin on May 25, 2022, however this position will remain open until filled.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.