The GIS analyst is responsible for developing, enhancing, and maintaining STA’s GIS data sets. The GIS Analyst will leverage this data in the production of maps and data analysis, transportation planning and transportation modeling in support of STA programs and subregional planning efforts. In addition, you will partner with various department leaders to deliver insights which influence business practices. This can include facilities and asset mapping and tracking, tracking ridership, visualizing data, and presenting reports and recommendations.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Possesses a GIS Certificate or related education
- Direct GIS experience
- Mapping advocate and champion
- Detail oriented
- Enjoys telling stories with data
- Excellent presentation skills
- Prior Transit experience highly desirable
- Annual salary of $68,018 – $91,151 depending on qualifications
- Up to $3,000 in sign-on bonuses available
- PPO Medical Plans (Vision coverage included)
- Premera Blue Cross – Your Choice 250 Heritage Plus Plan
- Kaiser Permanente CDHP PPO Plan
- HMO Medical Plans (Vision coverage included)
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Core Plan
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Core Buy-Up Plan
- Delta Dental PPO Plan
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS)
- PERS 2 or PERS 3
- Deferred Compensation/457 plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $50/month
- Employer Paid Basic life ($50,000), AD&D ($50,000) and long-term disability insurance
- Pet Insurance
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Vacation Accrual Schedule (paid)
- 0-4 years of continuous service – 2 weeks per year
- 5-9 years of continuous service – 3 weeks per year
- 10-14 years of continuous service – 4 weeks per year
- 15+ years of continuous service – 5 weeks per year
- Sick Leave Full-time employees – 96 hours per year maximum
- .0462 hours earned per hour in paid status 8 hours per month maximum
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 4 Floating Holidays
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- KEPRO Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible schedule (9/80) available after completion of probationary period
- For more detailed information on benefits click here
Examples of Duties
- Develop and maintain geospatial databases, including STA’s fixed route bus stops.
- Analyze and interpret geospatial data to support department and organizational objectives.
- Create maps and visualizations using GIS software.
- Perform data quality checks and data validation.
- Prepares and analyzes ridership performance, user characteristics and trend analysis relative to GIS and physical features of STA’s services and facilities.
- Prepares transit data reports in compliance with federal and state requirements. May submit reporting data to the National Transit Database (NTD), American Public Transportation Association (APTA), Federal Transit Agency (FTA, and Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) as directed.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban planning, geography, economics, computer science or a related field, and at least two years of direct work experience in geographic information systems and geospatial analytics. A GIS Certificate is required. A relevant master’s degree or graduate level coursework may be substituted for up to one year of required work experience.
Interested in Applying?
Qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply using the link below. Please include a Cover Letter and Resume as an attachment to your online application in order to receive consideration. If you have questions regarding this position or need assistance, please contact Andrew Tackett, HR Specialist, via email [email protected]. This position is open until filled.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.