Position is responsible for providing first line supervision in the daily operations of the Paratransit services, including the maintenance of safe, efficient service; safety of operation; adherence to Spokane Transit policies; and the relationship of company employees to the general public. Work requires professionalism and the application of independent judgment based on considerable knowledge of the functions of the Paratransit system and all related labor contracts and provisions. Work requires the ability to apply sound supervisory principles and techniques; plan, arrange and prioritize own work; and follow established Spokane Transit procedures, policies, and practices. Work and information handled may be of a nature requiring confidentiality and the exercise of discretion.
In addition to the career opportunity, a competitive salary, and the areas’ recreational activities, we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Wage range of $68,206 – $89,509
- Up to $3,000 in sign-on bonuses available
- PPO Medical Plans (Vision coverage included)
- Premera Blue Cross – Your Choice 250 Heritage Plus Plan
- HMO Medical Plans (Vision coverage included)
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Core Plan
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Core Buy-Up Plan
- Delta Dental PPO Plan
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS)
- PERS 2 or PERS 3
- Deferred Compensation/457 plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $25/month
- Employer Paid Basic life ($25,000), AD&D ($5,000) and long-term disability insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Vacation Accrual Schedule (paid)
- After 1 year– Two Weeks
- 2-4 years – Two Weeks
- 5-9 years– Three Weeks
- 10-15 years– Four weeks
- 16-24 years– Five Weeks
- 25+ years of – Six Weeks
- Sick Leave Full-time employees – A maximum accrual of 8 hours per month and an overall maximum accrual of 1000 hours.
- .0462 hours earned per hour in paid status
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 4 Floating Holidays
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- KEPRO Employee Assistance Program
- $500 for new hire uniforms
- $35 per month uniform allowance that caps out at $840
- For more detailed information on benefits click here
Examples of Duties
- Supervise assigned unit of Van Operators and assist Dispatchers, Reservations and Next Day Scheduling in meeting Spokane Transit service standards.
- Direct, monitor and evaluate the performance of Van Operators, Dispatchers, Reservations and Next Day Scheduling assigned to incumbent’s unit and make appropriate recommendations with respect to commendations, promotions, suspensions, discharges, or other disciplinary actions.
- Receive and respond to inquiries from the general public, including complaints or compliments directed toward Spokane Transit or its operations staff.
- Maintain up-to-date information and knowledge on matters relating to routes, fares, mark-ups, and other service issues.
- Cooperate with representatives of public safety and other municipal and county departments in handling traffic tie-ups, accidents, and special routings.
Education and Experience
One year of work experience as a Spokane Transit Dispatcher, Reservationist, or Van Operator, during which the applicant has, by his/her performance, demonstrated leadership/problem solving skills. Applicants may substitute related transportation work experience or a college degree from an accredited college or university in transportation, business administration or a related field for the required work experience.
Interested in Applying?
A cover letter and resume are required along with a completed online application. For more information regarding this position, please contact Andrew Tackett, HR Specialist, at [email protected] or (509) 325-6080. This requisition closes 2/26/2023.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.