Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
STA has terabytes of data in multiple systems and we are looking for someone to help us turn this data into meaningful information. The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst will conduct data warehouse/datamart development in MS-SQL and Power BI to facilitate expanded information and analysis. They will be responsible for extracting and cleaning data from multiple transit and financial technologies, organizing it to develop indicators, metrics, and other information upon request. Using data visualization tools, this role will need to deliver complex data and models to leaders and business managers through dashboards and reporting.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Experience with Power-Bi or other data visualization tools like Tableau. DAX experience is highly desired.
- Fluent and Literate in SQL
- Data warehouse experience
- Able to communicate complex information to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Proven history of delivering meaningful and insightful information for business decisions
- Annual salary of $75,839 – $101,630 depending on qualifications
- $3,000 in sign-on bonuses available
- PPO Medical Plans (Vision coverage included)
- Premera Blue Cross – Your Choice 250 Heritage Plus Plan
- Kaiser Permanente CDHP PPO Plan
- HMO Medical Plans (Vision coverage included)
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Core Plan
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Core Buy-Up Plan
- Delta Dental PPO Plan
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS)
- PERS 2 or PERS 3
- Deferred Compensation/457 plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $50/month
- Employer Paid Basic life ($50,000), AD&D ($50,000) and long-term disability insurance
- Pet Insurance
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Vacation Accrual Schedule (paid)
- 0-4 years of continuous service – 2 weeks per year
- 5-9 years of continuous service – 3 weeks per year
- 10-14 years of continuous service – 4 weeks per year
- 15+ years of continuous service – 5 weeks per year
- Sick Leave Full-time employees – 96 hours per year maximum
- .0462 hours earned per hour in paid status 8 hours per month maximum
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 4 Floating Holidays
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- KEPRO Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible schedule (9/80) available after completion of probationary period
- For more detailed information on benefits click here
Examples of Duties
- Specify, administer, secure, install, configure, and monitor data warehouse and visualization/reporting platforms.
- Extract, prepare, and model large complex data sets using a combination of skills, including mathematics, statistics, and programming.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders including Operations, Finance, Planning, HR, and Communications at various levels to define and determine internal, external, and regulatory reporting requirements. Responsible for planning and prioritizing efforts involving multiple departments with a medium-term focus.
- Lead data governance activities to ensure the correct definition and quality of data entering models.
- Serve as company’s primary data analytics expert and builder
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Economics, Finance, Business, MIS, Analytics, Computer Science, or a related field, and 3 years of progressive experience with Microsoft Power-BI or equivalent data visualization tools.
Interested in Applying?
A cover letter and resume are required along with a completed online application. For more information regarding this position, please contact Andrew Tackett, HR Specialist, at [email protected] or (509) 325-6080. Candidate review begins April 3, 2023.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.