Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Are looking for a great career opportunity with a stable company?
Spokane Transit is currently looking for a highly motivated team member to join our Purchasing department as a Shipping & Receiving Clerk. You will be a vital hub responsible for all incoming and outgoing parts and supplies. Your ability to provide top notch customer service to our administrative, maintenance, and operations departments will directly impact our ability to keep our business running smoothly, and ensure our vehicles stay on the road. If you enjoy a fast-paced, physical work environment where you are always on the move then please apply to work at Spokane’s best kept secret!
Ideal Candidate Profile
- A Team player
- Service Oriented
- Detail Oriented
- Customer Focused
- Starting wage of $20.32/hour (Wage range $20.32 – $26.35/hour)
- Up to $3,000 in sign-on bonuses available
- PPO Medical Plans (Vision coverage included) Premera Blue Cross – Your Choice 250 Heritage Plus Plan
- HMO Medical Plans (Vision coverage included) Kaiser Permanente Medical Core Plan Kaiser Permanente Medical Core Buy-Up Plan
- Delta Dental PPO Plan
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS)PERS 2 or PERS 3
- Deferred Compensation/457 plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $25/month
- Employer Paid Basic life ($25,000), AD&D ($5,000) and long-term disability insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Vacation Accrual Schedule (paid)
- 1 year of continuous service – 1 week
- 2-4 years of continuous service – 2 weeks per year
- 5-9 years of continuous service – 3 weeks per year
- 10-15 years of continuous service – 4 weeks per year
- 16-24 years of continuous service – 5 weeks per year
- 25+ years of continuous service – 6 weeks per year
- Sick Leave Full-time employees – 96 hours per year maximum Part-time Employees 72 hours maximum.0462 hours earned per hour in paid status
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 3 Floating Holidays and 1 birthday floater
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- KEPRO Employee Assistance Program
- For more detailed information on benefits click here
Examples of Duties
- Receive and stock bus, van and vehicle parts by part number and location. Receive and store other miscellaneous supplies.
- Prepare bills of lading and prepare outgoing items for shipment.
- Work with freight companies to obtain desirable freight rates and pickup times.
- Regularly clean floors and shelves to maintain a neat, clean working environment for all storeroom employees.
- Data entry into computer to issue parts from inventory, to receive parts into inventory, and to prepare inventory identification labels for stocking locations.
- Maintain photo library of parts.
- Deliver supplies and other miscellaneous items to various departments.
- Pick up parts and supplies as necessary from local suppliers with the use of company vehicles.
- Assist Buyer and Maintenance staff in parts warranty program.
- Maintain, and coordinate with other departments, the materials recycling program.
- Locate and issue parts from inventory to Maintenance Department.
- Operate a forklift to unload pallets, parts, and supplies from freight trucks.
- Periodically cycle count specified inventory to help maintain accuracy.
Education and Experience
Training and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of previous work experience in a shipping and receiving function, which includes one year of parts inventory control experience. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residence. Incumbent may be required to obtain licenses and certificates necessary to meet the responsibilities of the position.
Must be able to pass the pre-employment physical and perform the essential functions of the job. The job requires significant physical activity with considerable stooping and lifting. Must demonstrate ability to repetitively lift and carry items weighing up to 70 pounds, and have ability to occasionally physically lift and move parts weighing up to 180 pounds.
Experience within the Microsoft environment and with ERP systems, Tyler Munis preferred.
Interested in Applying?
Qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply using the link below. Please include a Resume as an attachment to your online application in order to receive consideration. If you have questions regarding this position or need assistance, please contact David, HR Specialist, via email [email protected] This position is open until 3/10/23.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.