Surplus Van Grant Program
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, February 20, 2015
If your agency could benefit from a van (some are 15-passenger and lift-equipped), to be used for the transportation of your clients with disabilities, advanced age, and/or low income, please:
- Review the program descriptions and determine your organization’s eligibility for one or both programs;
- Download an information packet and program application from. Applications and information packets may also be requested by email or phone: firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-325-6016;
- Complete application and submit application to: Lance Durbin, Paratransit Supervisor, Spokane Transit, 1212 W. Sharp Avenue, Spokane, WA 99201.
Surplus vans are awarded to qualified human service organizations (HSO) that serve Spokane County residents who have disabilities, advanced age, and/or low income.
The HSO assumes ownership of the vehicle and is responsible for providing:
- certification of financial and management capacity to maintain vehicle
- all liability insurance
- quarterly ridership, miles and hours of service data for the first year
- a signed agreement relating to the exchange of a vehicle for transportation-related services
Vehicles must be used for a transportation-related purpose for residents who live within the PTBA. Vans are awarded to select service providers to be used for transporting people with special needs. Organizations and agencies that serve individuals of the Spokane Transit’s Public Transportation Benefit Area (PTBA) are eligible. The origin OR desination of the trips provided must be within the PTBA.