Spokane Transit is in the middle of a dynamic 10-year plan called STA Moving Forward. The purpose of this plan is to maintain, improve, and expand transit services throughout Spokane County to meet the needs of our growing community. Our bus fleet has grown, and we are currently looking for new Cleaners to perform routine overnight cleaning of our large fleet of buses, vans, and support vehicles.
Are you looking for a career path? Start out with us as a Cleaner and you will have the opportunity to test for advancement into the vehicle technician ranks. Based upon your acquired knowledge and drive to succeed, you can go from being a Cleaner to a Servicer, Preventative Maintenance Technician, General Repair Technician, Journeyman Technician, Leadperson, or Foreperson.
Come join the team at Spokane Transit!
Ideal Candidate Profile
- A Team Player
- Six months of experience in janitorial, custodial, auto detailing, or a related field
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- AVAILABLE TO WORK OVERNIGHT GRAVEYARD SHIFT
- Wage $19.52/hour
- $2.50hr Graveyard Shift Differential
- Up to $3,000 in sign-on bonuses available
- PPO Medical Plans (Vision coverage included)
- HMO Medical Plans (Vision coverage included)
- Deferred Compensation/457 plan
- Pet Insurance
- Vacation Accrual Schedule (paid)
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 3 Floating Holidays and 1 birthday floater
- For more detailed information on benefits click here
Examples of Duties
- Inspect interior of vehicle for missing screws, torn upholstery, and other needed repairs
- Clean, wash and dust the interior of vehicles
- Remove gum, candy and other foreign materials from seats, walls, and floors
- Vacuum interior seats and floors
- Operate upholstery cleaning machine
- Mix and use cleaning supplies according to safety regulations
Interested in Applying?
Qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply using the link below. Please include a Resume as an attachment to your online application in order to receive consideration. If you have questions regarding this position or need assistance, please contact David, HR Specialist, via email [email protected]. This position is open until filled.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.