Paratransit Van Operator (driver)
Spokane Transit is recruiting for Paratransit Van Operators to start in our next training class. As a Van Operator you will be responsible for providing door-to-door transportation services for the elderly and people with disabilities. You will efficiently and safely transport customers to their proper destinations in a courteous, safe and timely manner. In doing so, you will create, promote, and maintain relationships with customers and fellow employees while providing an important service to your community.
Ideal Candidate Profile
In addition to the career opportunity, a competitive salary, and the areas’ recreational activities, we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
Education and Experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- A valid driver’s license (min. 5 years)
- Good driving record for the last 3 years
- Strong work ethic and desire to serve others
- Experience with the elderly and people with disabilities
- Ability to pass an FTA drug screen and a DOT physical
- Ability to safely operate a vehicle under varying traffic conditions
- Able to obtain a CDL Class C Learner’s permit or license with passenger endorsement
Interested in Applying?
Qualified individuals can apply using the link below. Please include a cover letter and resume with your completed online application. If you have any questions you can email David Cooper, HR Specialist, at [email protected]
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.