Spokane Transit is looking for an organized Parts Clerk with attention to detail! The Purchasing department is a small team with a BIG job. They need an experienced Parts Clerk who is familiar with inventory tracking. Spokane Transit is in the middle of a dynamic 10-year plan called STA Moving Forward. The purpose of this plan is to maintain, improve, and expand transit services throughout Spokane County to meet the transportation needs of our growing community.
The Parts Clerk is responsible for maintaining inventory records, picking, and filling work orders from stock, and dispensing parts and materials to co-workers at STA from the hours of 4:00pm to 12:30am (training will occur on Day Shift for first 90 days). The Parts Clerk inputs materials into the company database and records materials and parts out of the system when items are transferred to a work order. The Parts Clerk follows the parts warranty program protocol, coordinates parts and supplies reclaim and recycle function when appropriate and assists the Shipping and Receiving Clerk. It is extremely pertinent to keep the parts warehouse maintained and organized.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Knowledge of vehicle parts a plus
- Knowledge of material issuance, control and inventory stock keeping principles
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving functions, including UPS, FedEx, and truck freight requirements
- Ability to operate a computer efficiently for basic data entry
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions and to effectively apply policies and procedures to varied situations
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to communicate effectively through both written and verbal modes and perform basic mathematical functions accurately
- Attitude of neatness, pride, conscientiousness, motivation, and care in work performance
- Starting wage of $20.32/hour (Wage range $20.32 – $26.35/hour)
- Up to $3,000 in sign-on bonuses available
- PPO Medical Plans (Vision coverage included) Premera Blue Cross – Your Choice 250 Heritage Plus Plan
- HMO Medical Plans (Vision coverage included) Kaiser Permanente Medical Core Plan Kaiser Permanente Medical Core Buy-Up Plan
- Delta Dental PPO Plan
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS)PERS 2 or PERS 3
- Deferred Compensation/457 plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $25/month
- Employer Paid Basic life ($25,000), AD&D ($5,000) and long-term disability insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Vacation Accrual Schedule (paid)
- 1 year of continuous service – 1 week
- 2-4 years of continuous service – 2 weeks per year
- 5-9 years of continuous service – 3 weeks per year
- 10-15 years of continuous service – 4 weeks per year
- 16-24 years of continuous service – 5 weeks per year
- 25+ years of continuous service – 6 weeks per year
- Sick Leave Full-time employees – 96 hours per year maximum Part-time Employees 72 hours maximum.0462 hours earned per hour in paid status
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 3 Floating Holidays and 1 birthday floater
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- KEPRO Employee Assistance Program
- For more detailed information on benefits click here
Examples of Duties
- Assist in coordinating all work order materials required for each swing and sunrise shift alongside the Maintenance Lead.
- Locate and issue bus parts and supplies from inventory for maintenance and all work orders.
- Deliver parts to Maintenance, STA warehouses, and various departments as required.
- Process parts returns to inventory as required.
- Ensure all parts are readily accessible and properly recorded in their correct inventory location.
- Maintain and coordinate parts and supplies reclaim and recycle function when appropriate.
- Assist Buyer and Maintenance staff in parts warranty program.
- Operate a forklift and/or pallet jack to unload pallets, parts, and supplies from freight trucks.
- Periodically spot check specified inventory to help maintain accuracy.
- Assist the Shipping and Receiving Clerk to maintain optimal material flow.
- Prepare bills of lading and outgoing items for shipment.
- Maintain photo library of inventory parts.
- Pick up parts and supplies as needed from local suppliers with the use of company vehicles.
- Regularly clean floors and shelves to maintain a neat and clean working environment for all storeroom employees.
- Represent Spokane Transit in a professional and positive light to the community.
- Must be punctual, dependable, and maintain regular attendance.
- Must be able to represent STA accurately and honestly in any legal proceedings that may result from the normal performance of the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of previous work experience in a warehouse environment with parts inventory control and data entry responsibilities. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residence. Incumbent may be required to obtain licenses and certificates necessary to meet the responsibilities of the position.
Must be able to pass the pre-employment physical and perform the essential functions of the job. The job requires significant physical activity with considerable stooping and lifting. Must demonstrate ability to repetitively lift and carry items weighing up to 70 pounds and have ability to lift and move parts weighing up to 180 pounds occasionally.
Experience within the Microsoft Office environment and with ERP systems, Tyler Munis preferred.
Interested in Applying?
Qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply using the link below. Please include a Resume as an attachment to your online application in order to receive consideration. If you have questions regarding this position or need assistance, please contact David, HR Specialist, via email [email protected] This position is open until 3/10/23.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.